As outlined in the ‘Research that Shapes the Future’ Pillar Plan, the Industry Engagement Priorities (IEPs) act as a conduit to industry, connecting compelling external opportunities with outstanding internal capability, and addressing major societal and technological challenges.
Complementing the University’s fundamental research excellence, and as part of the intellectual ecosystem of the University the IEPs are designed to deepen our relationships with industry, and broaden the skills of our staff and students as they seek to develop, and join, tomorrow’s workforce.
The IEPs are supported by an identified director and an Industry Advisory Board. Our five IEP directors are:
- Agrifood and Wine - Professor Andy Lowe
- Creativity and Culture - Mr Ross Ganf
- Defence, Cyber and Space - Professor Michael Webb
- Energy, Mining and Resources - Professor Michael Goodsite
- Health and Biotech - Professor Andrew Zannettino
The IEPs are a vehicle for listening to industry needs, developing major research collaborations with industry, and providing educational offerings suited to future workforce needs.